What happens if YOU ARE successfully elected as an Associate Member?
Newly elected Associate Members will be required to donate one of the prints submitted for the election process, which will be chosen and removed by Council during the election. This work will be added to the RE's Diploma Collection held in trust at the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford.
The Diploma Collection is of considerable historical importance, containing Members' works dating from 1880. The copyright of the Diploma Work remains with the artist during his/her lifetime and thereafter with the artist's estate; however the image may be reproduced in any context for the benefit of the Society without reference to the copyright holder.
An Entrance Fee of £50 and a half-subscription of £110 will be payable to complete membership, with the understanding that the new Associate will pay the full rate of £220 in advance on 1st January in the second and subsequent years.
As an Associate RE member you will then
- be entitled to use 'ARE' after your name
- be invited to exhibit regularly at Bankside Gallery with the RE
- have an artist's profile on both Bankside Gallery and RE websites of work exhibited at Bankside
- be invited to have unframed work in the browsers in the gallery on display year-round
- be invited to submit periodically to Bankside Gallery's Online Store
- receive opportunities from the RE such as artist residencies, art fairs, involvement in educational activities.
Please read the Terms of Election and ensure you agree to them fully before you apply.