NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS OF DIGITAL SELECTION AND SHORTLISTED ARTISTS
You will be notified by Friday 22 December if you have been successful or unsuccessful in the digital selection.
Shortlisted artists are then invited to send their work to the gallery for the Council to view.
SHORTLISTED ARTISTS SENDING IN WORK
- The send-in day is Saturday 3 February 2024 between 11am and 6pm. You should submit your folio of work to Bankside Gallery, 48 Hopton Street, London SE1 9JH. Work arriving by courier can arrive on Friday 2 February 11am – 6pm as couriers may not work on weekends.
- The work should be delivered unpacked by the artist (or their agent), in one substantial portfolio, clearly labelled on the outside with the candidate's name and address. It should not be left with additional packing material after delivery.
- Great care should be taken to present the work so that it is uniformly displayed and easily accessible.
- The prints and drawings must not be mounted as the professionalism with which the work has been made must be visible, ie. borders etc.
- They may be interleaved with tissue or slotted into plastic sleeves from which they can be easily removed, but NOT wrapped or sealed.
- Sketchbooks should not include any loose pages as they may become detached from the book, and the artist's name and date range of the contents should be clearly marked on the cover of the book.
- The number, title, and process should be clearly written in pencil with the artist's name and the date made, on the reverse of each work.
- All work exhibited with the RE and included in your portfolio must be signed and numbered on the front of the pieces unless there is a compelling and unavoidable case for doing otherwise.
Please note: Failure to adhere to the rules of submission may mean your application will be disqualified.
Great care will be taken in handling and inspecting applicants' work, but neither the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers nor Bankside Gallery can take responsibility for any damage to or loss of works submitted. Submission for this election implies acceptance of this disclaimer and those who are concerned are advised to insure their work against all risks.
Artists applying from abroad may submit and collect portfolios by courier. Alternatively, you may send a representative based in the UK to deliver and collect the work, in which case the regulations above apply. When collecting work, the representative will need a signed letter from the artist identifying them. The work should ideally be packed flat but may be sent in a strong tube, to arrive by 6pm on Saturday 3 February.
It is the artist's responsibility to arrange collection of the portfolio. Bankside Gallery cannot provide any packing materials for the return journey, so the portfolio needs to be packed in such a way as to be easily and securely re-packable after inspection.