The next annual election of Associate RE Members (AREs) will begin with a shortlist of artists selected from the digital applications. Only shortlisted artists will be asked to send in work physically to Bankside Gallery for the RE Council to view in person.
Election is by majority vote in a secret ballot of the RE Council. Polling takes place following a careful consideration of each applicant’s prints, supporting material and artist statement (see below).
Complete your application online by 12 noon on Monday 27 November 2023.
- Please complete all relevant sections. Do not send any additional information or CVs, only fields completed on the application form will be viewed.
- You should submit eight images of unframed and unmounted prints and six images of aspects of your practice as an artist other than finished prints. (eg. Drawings or other preliminary work) If shortlisted you will be invited to send in the physical work. All work submitted must have been made by the applicant within the past three years. Images should be in JPEG format, size max 1-2MB each.
- Details of each work submitted – title and year made, medium, dimensions (paper size), and edition size of prints.
- Details of artistic education, courses, training or teaching. Exhibitions and work in collections. Other awards or society memberships.
- Artist statement of up to 300 words.
- The application fee is £50 and must be paid to complete your online application.